Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Kia kaha, Christchurch!

In response to the horrific incident in Christchurch two weeks ago, Rūma Rima created a sign to put outside our school for cars and people passing by to see. The sign was made to show our support for the members of our community who were effected by the incident.

We discussed what it meant when Jesus told us to love one another. We also discussed what our school value of Compassion meant and applied this to specific examples in our lives.

With the only instruction being that the shape had to be a heart, each one of us chose to either write a word or draw a picture inside it to express love and compassion.

We collated all the images together into a slideshow.


If you were to draw something to represent love or compassion, what would it be?
What word do you associate with love and compassion?



May the peace of God be with you all!
With love,
Rūma Rima

7 comments:

  1. Kia ora and peace to you Rūma Rima,

    It was so encouraging to read your words of love and comfort. It was also heartwarming to see your wonderful love hearts and see the sign you were able to hang outside your school. Isn't it wonderful to do something positive and heart lifting in a time where darkness could try and get a toe in. I firmly believe that every time we do something like this we create light and where there is light, darkness cannot prevail.

    I think if I was to create something to show love or compassion it would involve a koru or an eternity sign because we are all linked together, all connected and it is in the remembering of this that we can change the world.

    Thank you for sharing love and light.
    May the peace of God be with you all too.
    Mrs Spragg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ruma rima,
    My name is rhys and I am at yaldhurst model school.
    I am a year 6 this year and I love your post
    and what you have done to support the muslim community.
    My school did it as well and I fully support the muslims and the people that help them.
    good job the muslims will appreciate you.

    Kind regards
    Rhys

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ruma Rima
    we did it to we stranded outside for two mines with the hole school Did you stand out side for two mines.


    Form MIchaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Ruma Rima:kia kaha I love how you made some sins we made some posters to I love the pucher on the slide I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruma Rima, this is Thom.
    It is great that you did a project like this to tell people to stay strong, because many people were badly affected by what happened. We also did a similar thing in my class and we created lots of posters and things. How long did it take you guys to make all these amazing things? also did your whole school do this or just your class?
    Great work guys, keep up the awesome blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thom,
      Thanks for the comment we worked on the for a few days but then we put them up a week later, our class just did this.
      would you do this?

      Delete
  6. Hi Rūma Rima,
    I am Alan from Yaldhurst model school.Great blog post.Did the whole school do it or just your class?How much time did it take to make it?Next time will you put some more pictures so that we can understand a lot more of what is happening in your school?
    Kind regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.