Pages

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Monarch butterflies


  Monarch butterfly's life cycle

Step 1
The adult butterfly comes and lays about eggs on the leaf's of the swan plant.



Step 2
After the adult butterfly has laid an egg on the leaf the egg turns into a tiny caterpillar.



Step 3
Then the tiny caterpillar eats loads of leaves and food that it becomes fatter and fatter .


Step 4
After the caterpillar has eaten loads it decides to curl into a ball and then it grows skin over it and becomes a chrysalis

Step 5
After a week the chrysalis turns into beautiful black and yellow butterfly


Step 6

Once the butterfly has got out of the  chrysalis  it stays outside to dry its wings then it flies off and once it an adult the life cycle goes all over again.😀



5 comments:

  1. HI Shelby, I like your monarch butterfly picture.I like the information you have shared with us. i see the caterpillars at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelby I like how you used 6 steps of what you explained about the caterpillar and how it turns into a butterfly you have made your writing neat and it is clear to read could you say what it likes to eat or be specific but it is perfect this is just like when I did this I got comments and I improved and improved until I made it perfect when you started this piece of writing did you think this was good? well I thought it was Fantastic please write back and then we can share ideas.

    By:Kaedun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Please check out my blog and comment on my work so I can improve my work.

    http://stbskaedunl.blogspot.co.nz/

    By:Kaedun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelby,
    I like the way you used descriptive words like beautiful also I like how you set it out because it is easy to read.In my classroom some of us are drawing butterflies so it was nice to read about a Monarch butterfly's life-cycle. Maybe next time you could go back and edit your work because it has some errors.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.