Pages

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Monarch butterfly


Monarch butterflies
1. First the adult butterfly comes along and lays a tiny little egg on a leaf. It's white it looks like a little spot.

2. Then after 1 week it hatches into a tiny little caterpillar that's very hard to see.

3. Later on the caterpillar grows bigger and bigger and it gets very fat.

4. Then it curls up and and forms a cocoon

5. After a week it hatches into a beautiful butterfly. It's wings are very wet so it takes a few days for them to dry.

6. Once they're dry the butterfly flies away.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Greer,
    I like the way you laid out your writing from 1 to 6. Next time it would be good if you added a little bit more to your picture like maybe turn it into a life cycle from when the butterfly lays its eggs to the next then the next then the next.
    I was wondering where do butterflies fly away to when they hatch out of their cocoon. Do they fly to another swan plant and lay more eggs?
    GREAT work keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greer,its wonderful to see a life cycle of a Monarch butterfly.Great Job Greer.The second step reminded me of when I learnt about centipedes in room 2 with Mrs Lee. Maybe Next time can you add more information in the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greer, it's Nika from Room 8. I like how you showed a picture of a Monarch Butterfly that you drew, maybe next time on step 3 you could tell how the Butterfly got fatter and fatter. This reminds me when I saw a cocoon on a plant. If you'd like to see my learning this is my blog http://stbsnikam.blogspot.co.nz/
    By Nika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Greer,
    I really like your 4. step where you used descriptive langue and detail

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.